Tel. 01446 403 500
Fax. 01446 403 504
Bryn Hafren Comprehensive School
Merthyr Dyfan Road
Barry, CF62 9YQ
Transition Plan / Parent Information
The agreed aims of the school are:
• To promote the continuity of education between the Primary and Comprehensive School
• To prepare Key stage 2 pupils for the transfer experience
• To identify and target specific support at those pupils considered to be vulnerable.
All Saints Primary School
Barry Island Primary
Cadoxton Primary School
Colcot Primary School
Gladstone Primary School
Gwenfo Primary School
High street Primary School
Holton Road primary School
Jenner Park primary School
Oakfiels Primary School
Palmerston Primary school
Rhws Primary School
Romilly Primary School
Our main Primary Schools are:
When you transfer to Bryn Hafren you will be placed in a class – tutor group, you will have friends from your feeder Primary School in your class but you will meet lots of new friends.
We know that your main concerns will be:
• Friends – you will be with other girls from your Primary school but you will make many new friends in the first few days.
• Getting Lost – you will have a map to help you find your way around, staff and current pupils will help as well!
• Food – the canteen has a huge range of hot and cold meals and snacks, they also have “themed Fridays” which are fun and you can experience different food if you wish.
• Homework – you will not have to spend every evening doing homework, teachers will only give you work you are able to do, the main request is that you just try!
We also have pupils from St Helens Primary School and several Cardiff Primary Schools.
Bryn Hafren works with your Primary Schools a lot so that pupils and teachers know each other well.